Downtown Dayton Celebrates First Friday With Exciting Activities
• The Black Box Improv, 518 E. Third St.: Watch a comedy by local improv group Low Hanging Fruit, followed by a special performance. For tickets and other information, visit www.DaytonBlackBoxImprov.com.
• The Contemporary Dayton, 25 W. Fourth St.: Public reception from 6 pm to 9 pm, the OC presents three exhibitions, including “Kneel” by Willis “Bing” Davis, “The Boat People” by Tuan Andrew Nguyen and Samuel Levi – “The Empire is falling” by Jones. Find more information on the exhibitions on thecontemporarydayton.org or call 937-224-3822 for more information.
• Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North: Visit the latest special exhibitions, “Ralston Crawford: Air + Space + War” and “Norman Rockwell: Stories of Emotion”. Open until 5 p.m. on Friday.
• Dayton Live, Victoria Theater, 138 N. Main St.: Classic Albums Live presents Led Zepellin II in its entirety, note for note, cut for cut. $ 25-46. daytonlive.org.
• Dayton Performing Arts Alliance, Schuster Center, 1 W. Second St.: Attend the “East Meets West” concert at the Dayton Philharmonic at 8 pm.
• Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: The Dayton Society of Artists welcomes you to “Three Women, Three Perspectives” by local artists Jean Koeller and Michele BonDurant, and Amanda Millis of Boston, MA. The show is based on the landscape with three different approaches created at different places and times of the year.
• Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822: Live music at the Dublin Pub! Stop for a pint and listen to live music for Irish First Fridays. Happy Hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. music by Paul Cullen from 8 p.m. Seating inside and on the extended patio.
• First Friday at Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Dayton’s largest artist community invites you to Front Street! Celebrate and support your local arts community with live music, live art demonstrations, food trucks, art exhibitions, workshops and artist talks! Explore over fifty studios, galleries and boutiques. Shop for original artwork, designer jewelry, handmade candles, glassware, and other handcrafted goods directly from local artists. Shop for clothes, home decor, spices and even tropical fish! The monthly Art Hops on Front Street are always free. Also on Front Street, the “Artists Helping Non-Profits” benefit show opens on the first Friday at The Orphanage and Momentum galleries, with 100% of sales going to Black Mountain College and the Museum & Arts Center.
• The Neon Cinema, 130 E. Fifth St.: See “The Tragedy of Macbeth” or “Licorice Pizza” on the first Friday! Check out the full program online: www.neonmovies.com. Also enjoy special beers and cocktails during the First Friday, and you can purchase a DORA Neon drink to stroll through the designated outdoor refreshment area in downtown Dayton before or after the show.
• Yellow Cab Tavern, 700 E. Fourth St.: The Yellow Cab hosts Love U: A ’90s R&B Night at 8 p.m. with hits challenging genre-defying artists like Usher, Destiny’s Child, TLC, Whitney Houston, Jade, Monica , Jennifer Lopez, Aaliyah and many others, who all made this festival the golden age of R&B.
• Zen Lounge & Sushi Bar, 121 N. Ludlow St.: A Very Zen Anniversary with the Rubi Girls: Celebrate staff birthdays at this benefit for David’s Place at Daybreak.
MEALS AND DRINKS
• Deaf Monty’s, 22 Brown St.: Includes a selection of four dry red wines for $ 10. Other wines also available for individual tastes, by the glass or by the bottle.
• Local Cantina, 501 E. First St: For First Friday specials, you’ll find $ 5 Mustache Ride margaritas and $ 3 draft pints from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St., (937) 895-4066: Join us for the First Friday Kickoff for Happy Hours, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. with $ 2 off glasses of wine, $ 6 cocktail, $ 2 reduction on draft beer and ½ on shareable. The igloos are back! Reserve your private space by calling or visiting www.MudlickTapHouse.com.
• Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Every first Friday, join us for Happy Hour offers from 5 pm to 8 pm with music from the Linda Prevo Band. Stop in for some of the best pizzas in Dayton. Happy hour specials and LIVE music. Onsite dining, take out and curbside pickup available.
• Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: Start your first Friday with happy hour at the Salar from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. with specialty cocktails, $ 5 house wine, $ 1 off on all beers and bar bite specialties. Also enjoy dinner, available on site or to take away.
• Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $ 3.33 food and wine pairing with any main course.
• Third Perk Café and Wine Bar, 146 E. Third St.: Friday evenings, cigars, cocktails and The Patio at Third Perk from 7 pm to midnight. Enjoy your favorite coffee drinks or specialty cocktails with our full service bar. Saturday evenings are Reggae Night from 8 p.m. to midnight.
• Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave. : Every Friday at the Troll Pub is part of the WTF Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. with 1/2 price pints and 1/2 price apps, $ 4 Fireball Shots and $ 4 Specials Wheatly Vodka.
• Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Happy Hour at half price!
SPECIAL PURCHASE OFFERS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
• Connect E-Sports, 212 Wayne Ave. : Stop by the Connect E-Sports game in the wheelhouse to play your favorite console or computer games in online tournaments or with your friends. A special first Friday offer for new guests: any new Connect E-Sports account will receive one hour of free play. Find information on the games you can play on the website: https://connectesports.com/ • RiverScape MetroPark. 237 E. Monument Ave. : Sheltered under the covered pavilion, the MetroParks rink sets the scene for a perfect winter wonderland in downtown Dayton. While the ice rink is open, you can enjoy delicious treats from the concession area, including a cup of hot chocolate. Visit metroparks.org/rink to learn more, find daily hours of operation and view a calendar of events. Admission: $ 6 per day, ice skate rental: $ 2 per day. Children 3 and under are free with a paying adult. 278-2607.
• Space Three, 39 S. St. Clair St.: Space Three will be offering a free sampling course (bar, TRX and SWERK), starting at 5:15 pm Wellness Flow will also be on site with drops and holds. B12 from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St.: When you shop this women’s clothing boutique in St. Clair Lofts on the first Friday, you can take advantage of a 25% discount on your entire purchase!